UpdatedMarch 21, 2015
Table of Contents
- Scope of the document and its legal provisions
- How to get in touch with us
- Logos, colors, and font styles
- User rights and the information collected from users
- Restrictions on who can sign up
- Expected user behavior and prohibited actions
- Procedure in which users' accounts are terminated
- Proprietary rights of posted content and copyright
- DMCA notice and how to file a copyright complaint
- Limitation on liability
- Legal reinforcement of trademarks
- Safety notice
How it Applies to You
RuTwist would like to hear from you. University officials and businesses are encouraged to contact via our phone system as we receive less phone messages and are more apt to respond quicker to you. Our dedicated team should respond to your inquires within 1 to 3 business days.
- Twitter (social requests only)
- Online Contact Page
- Press Inquiries
- email@example.com - be sure to check out our company branding section
- Report Abuse
- Unsubscribe from Emails
Branding page lists all of our logos, colors, and font styles. We have created this page to promote our company brand and maintain consistency in all press publications and social media. Please note that all trademarks, design, dress, and color combinations are property of ProfileTwist.
Eligibility for Site Registration
Membership in the service is void where prohibited. The site is primarily targeted at college students of the age of 18 years or older. To be able to sign up, a user must be enrolled as a student in one of the supported schools on RuTwist and have access to a functioning school email account. Upon registering, a student will be asked to confirm their enrollment by checking their school email account and opening the link provided. Persons under the age of 13 are strictly prohibited from using, accessing or registering on the site.
Registered members and non-registered members alike, are expected to behave appropriately at all times and remain civil to one another. Users are encouraged to report misconduct by contacting us via our online contact form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree not to use the service of site to:
- Damage, disable, or impair the Site or Services by unlawful or inappropriate manner
- Impersonate any person, or entity, misrepresent yourself, your age, or your affiliation with any person or entity
- Register for more than one account, on behalf of another individual or for a group or entity
- Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years of age; solicit passwords or personally identifying information for any unlawful purpose
- Harass, discriminate, or defame any person or entity
- Use or attempt to log in to any other account other than yours
- Harvest email address or other contact information for any purposes whatsoever
- Transmit any information that can potentially restrict other users from enjoying the Site, or which may make RuTwist and its affiliations be liable for damages
- Use automated scripts to gather information or interact Site or its Services
You agree not to upload, post, submit, or otherwise make available:
- any material that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense
- any unauthorized advertising, promotions, solicitations
- that the RuTwist staff deems inappropriate, threatening, defamatory, infringing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable
- any material that contains malicious code such as viruses that can potentially disrupt or interrupt server communication or harm any computer, software, or any profile information
Users found in violation of the aforementioned actions in the User Conduct section, may have their accounts terminated. For the safety and comfort of its users, RuTwist retains the right under its own discreation to discontinue a user's account or access to its Site or its Services at any time without prior notice or reason.
- Posting threatening, defamatory, or otherwise seriously objectionable content
- Soliciting personal information from anyone
- Impersonating a person or an entity
- Attempting or accessing another person's acccount
- Transmitting information with the intention to disrupt our Site or Services
Anyone violating one of our zero-tolerance actions will not only have their accounts immediately terminated but also face potential legal repercussions.
Users found in violation of less severe actions will have their accounts flagged and reminded to act more appropriately. Reptitive violations may lead to account termination.
Posted User Content
Proprietary Rights in Site Content
Posted User Content
You are solely responsible for any pictures, messages, text information, and other content that you upload or publish on or through the use of Services provided by RuTwist. You understand that RuTwist in its sole discretion has the right to delete, move, and archive User Content, with or without reason. RuTwist is not liable for any damages or lose of User Content. It is your responsibility to create back-up copies of the User Content.
When you post User Content on RuTwist and its Services, you warrant that the content you upload has been created by you, or otherwise contains the copyright that allows you to post the content. Furthermore, you grant RuTwist and its Services an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide license to copy, redistribute, publicly perform, reformat, or manipulate and use in any manner RuTwist deems fit. Such actions by RuTwist will not include soliciting your personal information in any way. At any time, you have the right to remove the User Content. The removal of the content does not revoke the license stated above. This is because RuTwist may have already copied the User Content or otherwise archived it. It is best to upload only User Content you feel completely comfortable sharing. RuTwist does not assert any ownership over your User Content, rather, as between RuTwist and you, subject to the rights granted to RuTwist by these terms, you retain full ownership of all your User Content and any intellectual property rights associated with it.
RuTwist respects the intellectual property rights of others and prohibits users from uploading or otherwise transmitting such materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights on the RuTwist website or its services. When RuTwist is notified of alleged copyright infringement, the staff will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeated infringers in accordance with DMCA or the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Members and non-registered users are encouraged to report such infringements. To file a complaint, pease contact our staff using either our online contact form or directly through email email@example.com.
RuTwist is not liable for any User Content or Third Party content or software posted on the Site or in connection with its services. RuTwist is also not responsible for any User's Misconduct and inappropriate actions, whether online or offline. Although RuTwist outlines prohibitied actions in the User Conduct section, it cannot be held responsible for the actions of its users.
The Site and its Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or for other reasons. RuTwist assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, or delay in operation of, User communications. RuTwist is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems including, computer, server, phone equipment, software, failure of email, other user computer failure, or other problems that arise because of the use of the Site and its Services. Under no circumstances will RuTwist be liable for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content, personal injury or death, or legal disputes that arise between members on the Site that resulted from anyone's use of the Site and its Services, any User Content or Third Party content or software posted on the Site. RuTwist reserves the right to alter any and all of its content, software, design, and any other content that resides on its servers.
NO UNIVERSITY AFFILIATION
RuTwist, ProfileTwist, and any of its subsidaries are independent ventures and are not affiliated or endorsed by any University or higher learning institution.
Limitation on Liability
By visiting or accessing the Site and its Services, you agree that the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will take precedence and govern hand in hand with these Terms. Any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration as set forth below, you shall agree not to prosecute any action in connection there with other than in the state and federal courts of New Jersey.
You agree to hold RuTwist, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, employees, and partners, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from the Site and its Services.
RuTwist and other Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks of RuTwist in the U.S. These trademarks and trade dress may not be used in conjunction with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Furthermore, the trademarks and trade dress may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the company.
Links to Third Parties